Wednesday, September 28, 2011

27 Week Doctor Appointment

Yesterday afternoon was SUPER LONG!! I had four appointments scheduled back to back. Here was the plan: Get to doctor's office by 1:15 and drink orange drink, see Dr. Crutcher at 1:45, get blood drawn at 2:15, go next door to Maternal Fetal Medicine office for ultrasound at 2:30, see Dr. Turnquest at 3:00.

Well, so much for a plan!! My day at school was crazy and my assistant, who was supposed to cover my classroom while I had my appointments, had a family emergency in Louisville and had to leave early. I scrambled around to find other arrangements for my class and rushed out the door around 1:00. I arrived at the doctor's office on time only to find out that there was no lab tech that day and that Dr. Crutcher was running about 30 minutes behind. Great... it was a little after 1 and I now didn't have an appointment until after 2! The positive is, I had a chance to sit and relax. At 2, I was called back into the room, but Dr. Crutcher didn't come in until 2:30 (when my next appointment was supposed to start).

During Dr. Crutcher's visit, my blood pressure, Lilah's heart beat, and weight were great. I also got my c-section scheduled. It will be Monday, December 19th at 9:00am. I'm happy to have this taken care of. I was also happy to find out that I will be able to do my blood work at my next appointment instead of going to the lab. I go back to see Dr. Crutcher in 2 weeks.

Next, I headed next door for my ultrasound. This was my follow up from the last one. They wanted to look more closely at Lilah's heart and check her growth. Her heart looked great and her weight was 2 pounds 9 ounces. That puts her in the 60th percentile. I loved getting to look at her again. We got some close up pictures of her little face....I can't wait to see it in person!

Finally, I met with Dr. Turnquest. She was very happy with Lilah's progress and said that she wouldn't need to see me anymore. She did recommend that I have the growth ultrasounds with Dr. Crutcher, but we are already going to set that up. Basically from 32 weeks on, I will go every week for an ultrasound. The only thing she said that bothered me was that now Lilah is slightly on the larger side. She said that may indicate gestational diabetes. I have the test in two weeks, so only time will tell. (Please God...I don't need anything else!)

No comments: