Wednesday, September 7, 2011

24 Week Doctor Appointment

Today I went to see Dr. Crutcher for my 24 week appointment. I haven't actually seen her for 9 weeks, so it was nice to catch up and get her opinion on every thing that has been going on. I wish I could have talked to her a long time ago, because she is so calm and reassuring. She was happy with my blood pressure and weight gain. The baby's heart rate was good, too. She said that I do have some factors against me (back to back pregnancies/high blood pressure/two vessel cord), but that I should be able to make it until my c-section date. I will probably have Lilah on December 19th, but we can't officially schedule it until I'm 28 weeks. Of course, anything can happen between now and then!
I did ask about the braxton hicks contractions and pressure I'm feeling and she said it was normal. With the third pregnancy, having two small children, and my job, I'm going to have to take it easy when I can. When I feel contractions, I'm supposed to sit down and relax and drink a bunch of water. If the contractions don't stop, I should call. I don't want to overreact, but I'm a little nervous about having her early, so hopefully all will go well!
My next appointment is going to be crazy! I see Dr. Crutcher and have my glucose screening. Right after, I go next door for my ultrasound at the Maternal Fetal Medicine office and see Dr. Turnquest. Talk about overwhelming!
As far as the pregnancy goes, I have good days and bad days. School is wiping me out, but I'm making it! Some cravings I've had this pregnancy are ramen noodles and Mr. B's. I just can't get enough!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm glad you had a good appointment with your dr. I will continue to keep you in my prayers during this crazy time right now:). Ramen noodles, eh? I don't think I've eaten those since college:)). At least they are easy to cook...lol!
Looking forward to meeting Lilah! I'm sure she'll be just as beautiful as your other two!