Monday, August 14, 2017

Homeschool Highlights

Indianapolis Children's Museum: August 1st, Gavin went to Riley to get measured for new compression socks.  I took all three kids and we went to the museum for the day since we hadn't been in a while.  Our first stop was to the dinosaur area because Macie and Gavin are studying dinosaurs in science.  I had them each find two facts to read to me and then tell me one opinion about dinosaurs.  It's always good to throw in a little school!




Evansville Museum and Train Museum: The first Friday of every month, the Evansville Museum and Train museum are free to get into.  I've been wanting to take advantage of this for months, but this is the first time it's worked out.  We made a craft, checked out the eclipse exhibit, went into various art rooms to pick out our favorites, and checked out the old times area.  Finally, we spent quite a bit of time with friends at the train museum.  It was a lot of fun and we hope to go back and study the art a bit more.

Rhyming Matching Game: We had to find ways to keep Lilah busy before she started school.  This rhyming matching game did the trick!
 Dinosaur Stencil Art: 
Mneme Therapy ~ "The Flowery Landscape": Not only has Macie's painting taken off, but check out that title!  Miss Tina and I were both super impressed!  Sorry that the picture didn't get turned...
Room Decor:
I now have Spanish numbers, colors, and days of the week up around our Indiana map and dinosaur art.

This year, we are studying the states.  Each week are adding a different state and when we get to Indiana, we will wrap up the Indiana book we worked on two years back.  The kids are really enjoying this book and wish that it wasn't once a week!

I also added the Spanish names for the months.  
Collage Art: I'm trying to do different kinds of art this year.  Neither Gavin or Macie really understood what I was talking about when I mentioned a collage the other day, so we decided to make them today!  They turned out so cute!
Gavin's has "cool" stuff on it!

Macie made a food collage and it made me so hungry!

1 comment:

research paper service said...

Home schooling has become a bery common practice in today's era. Which is good because you get to plan your child's routine and course outline. This was very usefull.