Saturday, September 3, 2016

$125 Monthly Grocery Budget for a Family of 5...Say What!?!?

People are often shocked to find out that for a long time, we lived on a grocery AND personal care budget of $125 a month.  With very few exceptions, we would eat all meals and snacks for the month on that budget. In case you are wondering, none of us are starving and we did manage to sneak in healthy items, too!

Our situation is different right now, but there is a huge part of me that still feels most comfortable in that budget amount.  As I've shared our budget, people keep asking me "How did you do it?" and "What did you eat?"

This series of posts will answer that question.  While I know living on such a tight grocery and personal care budget isn't for everyone, I also hope to challenge and inspire others to make changes in their grocery budget.  It is one of the easiest ways to free up money that can be applied to other things.  Stay tuned for ideas on how we survived and even thrived on a small grocery budget for a long period of time.

What about you? What grocery budget works best for your family? Leave me a comment below!

No comments: