Friday, September 9, 2016

Treadmills

Treadmills are not my favorite piece of exercise equipment.  I am by no means an exercise guru, but if I am going to do something, I'd much rather go for a walk or run outside.  Who am I kidding?  A walk is about all I'd even attempt these days.  Ironically, my parents just gave us their old treadmill to use in our garage.

Image result for picture of treadmill

I'm actually kind of excited about it because I don't have a lot of other options.  We've debated joining a gym but financially aren't there right now.  Our new house is great in a lot of ways, but we can't take off for a walk straight from our house because we live on a highway.  The kids and I are excited and trying to get healthier.  They even want to buy weights!

As I was thinking about the treadmill, I realized my life has kind of been like being on a treadmill these last few months, maybe even years.  The machine keeps going and I keep walking, but I get more and more tired.  I want to make changes and improve my quality of life, as well as my family's, but no matter what I do I don't seem to get anywhere.  I push various buttons and try new things but not much of a difference is made.  The machine goes up and down, but I'm still in the same place.  I can see a brighter future ahead, but it always seems just out of reach.

Deep down I know that I'm going to get there and that it just takes time.  I know I will get off of this treadmill and my endurance will be better from all of the cardio I've done.  I'm just praying I get off of it sooner rather than later.

Do you ever feel like you are on a treadmill and can't get off?

No comments: