Thursday, September 15, 2016

$125 Monthly Grocery Budget for a Family of 5...Say What!?!? ~ Where to Shop

After planning your trip, the next thing to think about is WHERE TO SHOP.

We do most of our shopping at Aldi and Walmart.  I would do all of my shopping at Aldi, but they simply do not have everything.  Aldi is a store that I used to avoid because of the fact that I didn’t want to shop at two places when I had three kids three and under.  However, Aldi has greatly grown on me.  Not only are the prices great, but there are so many things I love about that store.  I love that there are limited choices, great produce, and I can get in and out of there in no time.  Aldi has also recently added a baby section which would have come in handy a few years ago.  If you do shop at Aldi, some things to remember are a quarter for your cart and bags for your food.  

Walmart is the other main store we shop at and where we get a lot of personal care and a few food items that Aldi doesn’t carry.  We aren't stuck to these stores, but they are fairly convenient and fit into our budget.

If these stores do not work for or are aren't available to you, you can still make a tight grocery budget work. Find other stores that will provide you quality food at a cheaper price.  Spend time in the store when you are not rushed so you can really look at the prices and see what they have to offer.  It may take a while to get into a groove and find the right fit for you, but don't give up.  It's worth the effort! 

Next up...How often I shop

Where do you grocery shop?

Check out the other posts in this series: Say What!?!?!Exceptions, Plan Before You Go

No comments: