Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pregnancy Woes

Heartburn: With both of my previous pregnancies, I had occasional heartburn that would come and go, but it was nothing Tums couldn't cure. This time is a completely different story! I have heartburn off and on all day. Often times I don't want to eat and it's keeping me up at night. I take Tums all of the time and it doesn't always work. I hope this doesn't last the whole time, because I still have a LONG way to go!

Ring Reaction: I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring for weeks now, but it isn't because of swelling. A few weeks into the pregnancy, I noticed that I had some itching under my ring. I thought it was just a bug bite or something. When it didn't go away and spread around my finger, I was worried that I might have poison ivy or something. I took my ring off so that it could get better. As soon as my finger was better, I started wearing my ring again and the "rash" came back. The same thing happened over and over. I soon realized that it may be the pregnancy reacting with the ring. Several people have said that it may mean an iron deficiency. This hasn't happened before. Who knows...but for now I won't be wearing my ring. I hate it and feel naked to be honest, but oh well. What can you do?

Sleep??: I've been having a difficult time sleeping. Between the heartburn and muscle aches, I just can't seem to get comfortable. I move from the bed, couch, and recliner just to get some sleep. Poor Brian is also suffering because I toss and turn and move my pillows all over the bed. I desperately need my sleep now and don't want to lose it already!

3 comments:

Nathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

I'm so sorry you've been going through that! I wake up 2-3 times each night to pee!!! My nauseousness has mostly subsided and my normal appetite is returning so that is good! I've had some heartburn, but nothing on a regular basis! Hope you feel better soon!!!!
FYI, the green river post was deleted by me. That was my husband's gmail account. I was accidentally logged into his instead of mine...woops!

The Broeker Family said...

I had that same ring reaction! I didn't even think anything about it actually having to do with pregnancy....until now...hmmm...interesting!