Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Counting and Patterns

The kids love to play with legos. I decided to see what Macie could do so, I made some simple patterns (red, blue, red, blue) and asked her what came next. She did pretty well and almost always got the right answer. Then today, I laid out several legos and asked her to count them. She was able to count blocks up to 11! I thought this was pretty impressive considering she is only 2 1/2! She can count to 15 without messing up, but counting the right number of blocks is a little more difficult. When I was working with Macie, Gavin wanted in on the action so we worked on colors with him. He repeated the words yellow, blue, green, and red. I love when the kids are focused on something and not all over the place!


I was trying to take a picture of Macie and Gavin came up and said, "Cheese". Do you think he's heard that before?

Sweet little profile

No comments: