Saturday, July 9, 2011

4th of July

Our original 4th of July plans included staying home, playing in the backyard, and grilling out. We were invited to my aunt and uncle's house, but it was nice to stay home. Not only had we been running all weekend, but Gavin still wasn't feeling well. The weather was gloomy so we spent the day inside, but Brian and I got so much stuff done around the house! We had a cooking day in the morning. I'm loving that I have some energy again. I froze some meals and cut up all of the fresh fruit and veggies we bought at the store on Saturday. The kids were pretty well behaved and played together all morning. During their naps, we got the rest of the house cleaned and organized. When kids woke up, Brian grilled and the kids and I played inside. We had a delicious dinner!! Brian made bbq chicken and potato salad. I made carrots and we had strawberries for dessert. Brian also stuffed the banana peppers from his garden with cheese and turkey, dipped them in bbq, and grilled them. They were amazing! I could have eaten a whole dinner of them. After dinner, we went and bought a new laptop. Then it was time for bed for the kiddos. Brian and I stepped outside when all of the fireworks were going off. What a great 4th of July!




We gave Gavin a new pillow. He was so excited! We even used the pillow case they gave him when he was in the hospital.

And as always, if we are taking a picture of Gavin, we need to take a picture of Macie.

No comments: