Sunday, November 25, 2012

Potty Training

So....we tried potty training Gavin this weekend again and he still isn't ready!  We are beyond frustrated and don't really know what to do.  He wants to go in the potty, he wants to wear his underwear, but it just isn't happening:(  The only time he is successful going in the potty is right when he wakes up.  He stays on the potty forever (reading books, watching movies, playing with toys) and we only let him up a few minutes at a time.  He could be on the potty for hours and the minute he got up, he would pee.  He started hating it and crying/screaming every time we made him try to pee.  He finally realizes when it is coming out, but he still has no clue before he pees.  I would say we would keep trying, but Miss Julie can't keep him on the potty all day at daycare.  We have to stop again and start later.  I feel like a failure after a second flop:(  However, most people I've talked to said that their boys weren't even close to ready until 3 or later.  If not before, I'm going to do it hardcore over Spring Break.  I will have a full week then.  I would say that we could do it over Christmas Break, but we have too much going on then.  I'm sad, annoyed, frustrated, and every other emotion.  I feel badly for Gavin because he wants to do it.   I also still wonder if he has all of the sensation there and knows what it feels like before.  Someone even told me about a "pee alarm" I may look into.  For now, it's back to diapers......ughhh!!!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Abby-
I'd be happy to forward you the three day potty training e- book.
It worked for us. Conner was 5 months shy of 3 yrs old. Only took 2 days and we had tried other things before it.

The Mitchell Family said...

I would LOVE it! My email address is abbmitch@gmail.com. Thank you!!

CJM said...

Clayton was past 3 years old when it finally just clicked for him. I wouldn't push it, like you said it is just going to frustrate him. Most of my friends with boys all said their boys were 3 1/2, some going on 4. It's perfectly normal, boys just take longer. He is still young.

Tammy said...

I sent you the e-mail. Let me know if you didn't get it.