Sunday, November 25, 2012

First Thanksgiving

This was Lilah's first Thanksgiving!  She tried lots of yummy foods and was more smiley than ever!  We had a great day as a family.  Macie was up super early asking if it was Thanksgiving and talked about all of the people she would see.  I was just hoping they would all be there!  We started the morning with breakfast, baths, and playtime.  Then, we watched the Macy's parade while we finished getting everything ready for the day.  I love watching this parade every year and Macie gets a kick out of the fact that they say her name a lot!  Our first stop was Uncle Gene and Aunt Alice's house.  We took a veggie tray and Gavin helped me make the dip.  The kids had a great time playing with their cousins and Brian had a good time playing poker with the guys.  I socialized a bit, but pretty much ran around like a mad woman checking on the kids and taking care of Lilah.  She was cranky, but wouldn't fall asleep.
We left a bit early from their house so that the kids could nap.  We ran by our house to pick up dessert that Macie and I made.  Thankfully, all of the kids slept in the car, even though it wasn't for very long.  Our next stop was Uncle Gary and Aunt Jennifer's house.  The kids had a great time, but once again it was crazy keeping up with all of them.  Macie is getting bigger which makes it a bit easier, but it also makes it harder to keep track of her!  I was so exhausted by the end of the night from running around with the kids. 
A lot of people noticed/commented on my weight loss which made me feel good.  I didn't track points on Thursday, but I still did really well.  In fact, despite all of my crazy eating this week and going out last night, I still lost half a pound this week!  I'll take it!


 Macie was super excited to see Kaylee
 Seems like I always get a picture of Gavin, Hannah, and Macie!
 Macie spent a lot of time playing on Brittany's phone in this chair
Gavin found train tracks!
Hannah loved holding Lilah!


No comments: