Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!!

To celebrate Valentine's Day, I had a lot of little stuff planned. After school, Gavin had therapy. As soon as therapy was over, I threw together a dinner picnic for the living room floor. We had hot dogs, grapes, and popcorn. For dessert, we had sugar cookies. During dinner, we watched A Charlie Brown Valentine. After dinner and the movie, it was time for presents! We got the kids beach themed gifts! They each got a beach towel, swim suit/trunks, and a few sand toys. I also made a calendar so that Macie and I can add a sticker each day and count down the days until our vacation. We leave in less than 5 weeks! After the presents from Mommy and Daddy, Macie and Gavin got to open a present from Grammie and Pops. They got a bag FULL of goodies! We ended the evening reading a few Valentine books. Happy Valentine's Day to all!
Our "picnic"
Hmm...maybe Macie's bag has something more interesting in it!
I got some of the sand toys a while back and the rest Aunt Katie sent for the kids. I picked out the ones that would travel best to Florida.


Macie had to try on her new suit!
The count down has begun!
Treats from Grammie and Pops
M&Ms!!

3 comments:

CJM said...

Abbie you are such a great mom, and I know your kiddos will cherish all of these fun memories you are making with them. You have such cute ideas :)

The Mitchell Family said...

Aww...thanks! I get a lot of inspiration from your blog as well! I know its a few months away, but we HAVE to get together this summer. The kids would have a blast! No excuses!

CJM said...

AGREED!!!!