Wednesday, February 2, 2011

One Year Check Up

Today, Gavin and I got to spend the day together. We hung out at home a bit, ordered his cake and balloons, bought a few other things for his party, and went for his one year check up. Gavin now weighs 22 pounds and 7 ounces (45th percentile) and is 29 1/2 inches long (42nd percentile). Besides a cold, Gavin is doing great! Dr. Voyles agreed that we need to continue with physical therapy and should start speech therapy. (I've started the process but they didn't tell me before that another evaluation would need to be done. We now have one scheduled for February 17th, so hopefully we will find out more then.) We are also going to schedule an MRI. I'm not sure when that will be yet. The nurse should be calling me soon. Gavin also got three shots today. During the first one, he didn't even cry. The nurse and I thought we were going to have an easy time. The second and third time though he was screaming! Poor guy! He has his next appointment in four months (actually his 15 month appointment but I scheduled it in the summer so I wouldn't have to miss any work). Until then, we will just keep up what we're doing!

No comments: