Saturday, February 26, 2011

First Hair Cut

We had a very busy Saturday planned! Brian had training out at Hornville from 10-2 and I scheduled Macie's first hair cut for 10. Ooops! So Brian went to the training, Grandpa came over to stay with Gavin, and Macie and I went to the hair cut appointment. As with everything else, I prepared Macie ahead of time about the hair cut. I told her that it wouldn't hurt, my Aunt Jeri would cut her hair, and we talked about how exciting it was. When we got there, she was still excited until she actually sat in the chair. Aunt Jeri had a step stool in the chair and I think it was a little too high for her. She also wasn't a fan of wearing a cape. I could see the fear in her eyes and the tears welling up. Aunt Jeri asked her if she wanted to sit on my lap and Macie was thrilled by the idea. From then on, she did great! We both wore a cape (which Macie called a bib) so that made her happy and she got to hold on to her chap stick the whole time. During the actual cut, she faced me which made it even better. Aunt Jeri just cut a little bit off of the ends, but it was still a little sad for me! I did get to take home some of her hair in an envelope. I will cherish those sweet little curls! During the hair cut, Macie asked, "You so proud of me?". I was very proud of her! Aunt Jeri even put a little bit of product in her hair to show off her curls. She didn't take much off, but it makes a big difference! My little girl is growing up!
When we got home, she told Grandpa all about the hair cut and we told Daddy about it when he got home. I also gave her the sucker I'd promised her for being so good. This afternoon, we plan to grocery shop while the kids play at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Then, we will head home for dinner, baths, and playtime. After the kids go to bed, I may make a few soups to freeze. Yes...another busy Saturday!
Because I was holding her during the actual cut, I couldn't take any pictures until it was over:(
Look at that precious smiling face!

No comments: