Monday, February 7, 2011

Rock Star Husband

I have been very stressed, tired, and not feeling so well lately (mainly sinus junk). Yesterday we had Gavin's birthday party (a post on that coming soon) and I've been working so hard to plan it and make it a perfect occasion. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE PARTY PLANNING, but the reality is with two kids and a full-time job, it can be a lot of work. The party was perfect, but as we were cleaning up, I could feel myself melting down. I was achy, congested, and tired. Brian stepped it up, along with family and friends, and we got everything cleaned up and loaded in the cars. Once we were home, we unpacked everything and started opening toys and taking tags off of clothes. Gavin was already napping and Macie was having a blast with all of the new stuff so I asked if I could take a quick nap. I thought if I slept for about an hour, I would feel better when I woke up. I promised Brian I would do all of the dishes if he just took care of the kid's dinner. When I got up an hour later, he had every dish washed, was fixing dinner, and had a lot of the stuff put away. I was so happy and relieved that he did that for me! After dinner and playtime, we put the kids to bed. I tried to watch the Super Bowl, but only made it to half time. I still felt horrible! Brian tucked me into bed and told me not to worry about anything. While I was in bed, he packed lunches for today, packed the kids' bag, and took care of a few other things. Yes, I have a Rock Star Husband. He may drive me nuts at times, but when it counts, he steps it up!
I still have to find an new home for all of the toys Gavin got yesterday, but that will have to happen tonight. I'll just tell Melissa, Gavin's therapist, to look the other way:)

No comments: