Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Crockpot Wonders

I am always on the hunt for simple dinner recipes that can be frozen or prepped ahead of time. My reality is that 4-5 pm is the worst hour of my day and I don't have a lot of time to make dinner while entertaining two little ones. It's not going to get any easier come December either! I've heard of people using the crock pot, but I hadn't been able to find simple, low prep recipes. If I have to spend a lot of time in the morning getting everything ready, then it's not worth it to me. Well, I've found a few crock pot recipes lately that are simple and yummy! First, I made a crock pot lasagna with just a few ingredients and you can make it the night before. Then, on Sunday we made a whole chicken in the crock pot. Allie told me that one of our cousins does this and I thought I would give it a try. It was so simple. We literally put the chicken in the crock pot, put some seasoning on it, and left it alone for 7 hours. We were able to make four meals out of it (chicken and dumplings, buffalo chicken dip, shredded bbq chicken, and chicken pot pie). I was also able to make two containers of broth. The chicken and dumpling recipe is also in the crock pot and we are trying that today. I am excited to find simple, cheap recipes. It also makes me feel good to cook for my family.


Brian did a lot of the tough work!

4 comments:

Holly said...

I love crockpot recipes! I make chicken noodle soup in the crockpot all the time, just throw in some chicken, veggies, a bouillon cube, water and turn it on while at work, then put the noodles in when you get home.

Tina said...

Do you have the recipes??

Tina said...

I meant to say, May I have the recipes, please?? haha

CJM said...

I have some really simple crockpot recipes I would be more than happy to share! :)