Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Grams B!

Yesterday after naps, we went over to my parent's house to celebrate Grams B's 87th birthday. Gavin wasn't feeling very well, so he took a long nap over there (his 3rd of the day). Macie had a blast! She played with Kaylee, got lots of attention, ate lots of junk, and got filthy! Brian had to leave right after he ate because he had to bartend. Macie made Grams B a card and was so excited to give it to her. Eventually Gavin woke up and joined the party. After he ate a little snack, I put them in their swimsuits so they could play in the water. We planned on just spraying them with the hose and filling a tub with water, but my parent's neighbors offered to bring over a sprinkler. This was a BIG hit! They were even kind enough to send the sprinkler home with us. Macie loved the sprinkler, but Gavin wasn't too sure about it. He didn't like being in the grass or the water in his face. We made a special set up for him on a towel with his own bucket of water. The kids played in the water until everyone left. I took them inside and changed them into pjs. We played inside the rest of the night. I fed them dinner and shortly after it was time to head home. Even though I had plenty of help, I was exhausted by the time I got both kids home and in bed. Luckily, Brian was home by 8:30 and he even picked up some bread sticks!












No comments: