Saturday, June 11, 2011

Zoo and More

Yesterday, against my better judgement, I took the kids to the zoo. It was hot, the zoo is very hilly, and pushing a double stroller is not an easy task for anyone, let alone a pregnant woman! I told Macie that the only way we would go is if she promised to stay in the stroller. I didn't want to chase her around the zoo as well. She kept her promise and the kids were really good. We only stayed for about 45 minutes. That is the joy of having a zoo pass because you can go for as long as you want and it doesn't really matter. Before we went, I asked Macie what animals she wanted to see. I figured as long as we hit those, she would be good. She said turtles, rhino, and Donna the hippo. We were able to see all three of those along with several other animals before I just got too hot! The kids both passed out on the way home. I tried to keep them up so that they could eat lunch, but I lost that battle. They both took a two hour nap before eating. Now tell me how I did all of the work and they took the nap! I've been feeling guilty for not doing enough with the kids this summer, so I'm glad I was able to do something with them. We spent the rest of the day inside in the AC!




This morning after Daddy gave Gavin a bath, he took some pictures of him all wrapped up in his towel. He's getting so big but he's still my bundle of joy!

No comments: