Monday, June 6, 2011

Chatter Box

Macie is quite the chatter box! Her conversation skills and vocabulary amaze me. She almost always uses the correct pronoun and can change and add words to get across the same meaning. For example, if I say, "I don't like pizza", she will say, "I don't like pizza either". If she asks me if two pieces of clothing go together and I say no, she will tell daddy, "Mommy says this isn't an outfit." Crazy! I also noticed that she is adding an extra consonant to a few of her words lately. It sounds so cute and because the way she says words is constantly changing, I thought I would give a few examples.
"papano" is piano
"babana" is banana
"Didego" is Diego
"baboon" is balloon

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That's cute! There is actually a technical term for what she is doing. It's called Consonant Harmony. It is, of course, developmentally appropriate:). There's a name for everything !!:)