Saturday, June 18, 2011

Week Recap

We've been busy. It seems like we are always doing something, but I haven't had the time/motivation to blog. I'm still not feeling 100% and not sleeping well, so when I get a chance to sit with my feet up, that is all I want to do! Here are some of the things we've been up to...

Central Library: Last week, Brian and I took the kids down to Central Library. It was Brian's first time there and I hadn't taken the kids since last summer. Macie remembered that there were puzzles and a ship there. That girl has the best memory! At the library she went 100 miles an hour and was thrilled to show everything to her Daddy. It was kind of a last minute trip, so I didn't have my camera with me. The kids and I met Patti, Mitchell, and Maddie there again this week. They had a great time and we even ran into Jamie, Clayton, and Hollis! Macie was a little disappointed because she didn't get to play on the ship. It was way too crowded! I promised her we would go back soon. After going to the library, we ate lunch at McDonalds.


For some reason, Gavin kept climbing into this tub of toys!



Bye, Bye Miss Melissa: On Friday, Gavin had his last physical therapy session. I have to admit this was a bittersweet day for me. While I am thrilled with Gavin's progress and know that he doesn't need physical therapy anymore, I am going to miss seeing Melissa every week. When you spend one hour with someone once a week, you become attached. My kids absolutely LOVED her! Macie and Gavin made her a card and we got her a bag of chocolate covered pretzels. I even got emotional when I told her how grateful we were for everything she's done for Gavin and our family. Gavin will still get developmental therapy once a week. It is nice that we only have to schedule one therapy.





We Own It!: As of Friday, we officially own our Escape. We sent in the last payment! Woohoo! We now own both of our vehicles. The only thing putting a damper on this achievement is the fact that in a few months we will be buying a van.


Macie funny: This afternoon, she pointed out the fact that our couch was dirty. I told her that it was just stained and that we needed to get rid of it and buy a new one. But, we had a lot of other things to spend our money on like the new baby and a new car. She said, "A mini van". The she said, "Hey Mommy, are we getting a Minnie van or a Mickey Van?" I lost it. All this time we were talking about a mini van, I never even thought about the fact she may be thinking about Minnie Mouse. No wonder she was so excited! I then had to break the news to her that Minnie Mouse would not be on the side of our van!



Dress Up Fun: Macie and Gavin had lots of fun with Macie's dress up clothes the other day. Macie was having the best time twirling in her dress. Too cute!







Family Outings: We've been trying to take the kids out without spending too much money. We just like to get out of the house as a family. Besides the library, we went to Rural King (Macie's favorite store) and the mall. Normally only Daddy and Macie go to Rural King, so she wanted to show Gavin and Mommy what all the fuss is about. We got some popcorn, looked at the bunnies, walked around, and Brian bought a few things for the garden. What a great time (wink, wink). I think that store is meant for Daddy and Macie time!


One night we went to the mall. We've never taken the kids to the playground before and turns out Melissa recommends it for Gavin's continued development. Both kids had a blast there! We also rode the carousel. Gavin was thrilled about this, but Macie wasn't so sure once we got on. We sat instead and she really liked it. We also got pretzels (Mommy's favorite) and walked through a few stores. I didn't have my camera with me (notice the trend), but we went back last night to play with Aunt Allie and I took a few pictures. Last night, Gavin was quite the stud! He literally had 5 little girls following him around telling him how cute he was! I think I have my hands full in the future!











2 comments:

For the Love of Dog said...

My babies! They are getting sooo big! I love them so much and miss them dearly! That last pic of Gavin is AMAZING! He is quite the stud!

CJM said...

Did you see the new train that drives up and down the mall. It's only $3 for unlimited rides! Clayton loved it!!