Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cards for Papaw

The kids and I make cards for people all of the time.  We make all kinds: birthday, get well soon, thank you, Valentine's, thinking of you, and even thanks for being our neighbor!  Brian's Papaw is very sick and most likely isn't going to make it.  Last night, Brian went to see him without us.  Normally, we try to load up and take the kids.  We didn't this time because Grammie said she didn't think the kids should see Papaw like that.  Plus, it is an hour away and it was late in the day before we realized we needed to go see him.  Macie and Gavin were very unhappy about the fact that we didn't get to see him.  I told them kids weren't allowed to see him because he was so sick. 

Today, Macie asked me why we hadn't made a card for Papaw yet.  She kept asking and begging to make him a card.  I fought back the tears because most likely Papaw will never see these cards.  However, I kept it together and let them make cards for him.  After all, I've taught them that when someone is sick, you make them a card or draw them a picture.  I was so proud that she insisted we do this.  I hope they always think about others and take the time to do something nice for them, no matter how small!
 Their cards
They even signed the back!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You are such a good mommy!! I love reading about all the fun, sweet and caring things you do with your kids. I hope to imitate many of those with my daughter:)