Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Gavin's Day Take 9 - The Final One

Today, Gavin and I had his last one-on-one day.  We went to therapy in the park, my school, home to nap, to his ENT appointment, and to Michael's.  I let him pick out something at the store, so he was so excited. I was planning to take him to Chuck-E-Cheese, but he wanted to stay at school and destroy play in my classroom instead.  I've never taken him to there, so he had a blast.  It was not very productive for me, but oh well!  At the doctor's office, Gavin was so well behaved.  I had to wake him up to take him there, so I was hoping he wouldn't be too cranky.  Dr. Wahle was impressed with his behavior and even gave him a Tootsie Roll Pop.  Gavin picked a brown one.  He made a huge mess, but I didn't even care. 
I've also enjoyed my time with Gavin.  He is so funny and creative.  He comes up with solutions to problems and it is fun to watch him work.  He has made improvement in his therapy, but not as much as I'd hoped this summer.  We are going to start meeting every other week due to scheduling.  I'm super lucky to be Gavin's mommy and I love how he is wanting me more, even though he is becoming more and more independent! 




 Yes, that is sucker drool on his shorts!

No comments: