Sunday, August 12, 2012

Butter

Our life has been absolutely crazy.  School started, Brian's Papaw passed away, and we have a big appointment for Gavin tomorrow.  Papaw's funeral was yesterday.  Before we went to the funeral, I found out my uncle passed away as well.  On the way from the funeral home to the cemetery, I found out my aunt, who has been battling cancer for years, was admitted to the hospital.  They plan to set up hospice care in her home to make her the most comfortable.  I also found out that my grandma, all on the same side of the family, has pneumonia. 

Brian and I are exhausted, stressed, and feel like we could lose it at any moment.  We are trying to stay strong throughout this and know that God knows what's best.  We've been traveling back and forth to Madisonville (during one trip Brian's tire blew out of course) and finding help with the kids.  They love spending time with family, but it isn't the same.  They really miss mommy and daddy.  Today, we were able to spend time together as a family and tried to catch up on some sleep.  We have another crazy week ahead.  I think it is going to get worse before it gets better:(

The other morning, Brian found the tub of butter in the microwave.  He didn't want to point fingers, but the kids aren't tall enough and he hasn't used it in a while.  I'm losing my mind people! 

On a positive note, Brian's work sent this beautiful peace lily to the funeral home for him.  It is huge, so we don't really have a place for it.  He plans to put it in his office at work.

No comments: