Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Catching Up

"My Monday Girl":  My Aunt Nancy has been battling cancer for 7 years.  She isn't doing well, so several people are taking shifts around the clock to be with her.  Allie and I go on Monday nights.  When she first got sick, my sister, Annie, used to visit her on Tuesdays, so Aunt Nancy called her, "My Tuesday Girl".  When I walked in on Monday night, Aunt Nancy smiled and said, "My Monday Girl".

Matt:  Macie has her first crush.  There is a little boy in the butterfly class (meaning he's older than her) that Macie can't get enough of. She lights up when she talks about him (which is all of the time) and pretends that he is here at out house.  She chases him around the playground and tries to hug and kiss him.  We did tell her it wasn't OK to kiss kids at preschool.  The saddest part is, he doesn't seem to feel the same way about her.  He has another girl that he chases around.  Macie gets so bummed.  She even asked the teachers, "How do I get a man to play with me?"  Seriously...where does this come from?  The mom in me wants to protect her from a broken heart and tell her not to worry about boys so early!!

Gavin Funny:  On the way home today, I heard Gavin in the back of the van laughing hysterically.  Then he said, "I crack my mouth up!"  I still don't know what cracked him up, but he was so darn cute.

Anointing of the Sick:  Last Sunday after church, Father Burns did the Anointing of the Sick on Gavin to help him for his upcoming surgery.  I used to think that Anointing of the sick was only for people who were dying.  I now know differently because I've had it twice and so has Gavin.  It is a really neat experience and I'm so glad that Gavin got his blessing.  My mom, dad, and Allie joined us.  Then, we went to eat brunch at Carousel. 

Beer Bread:  Last night, we were eating some beer bread.  Macie asked if there was beer in there.  When I told her yes, she said, "I've never had beer before!!"  It was so funny!

Nothing:  On the way home, Macie was asking Gavin about his day and what he did.  He kept saying, "Macie, I didn't do nothing, all I did was play"  Macie said, "Gavin, playing is a thing!"

No comments: