Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year's Resolutions New and Old

Last year, I made three New Year's Resolutions:
  • Become more financially savvy
  • Spend as much QUALITY time as possible with my family while still making time for my hobbies
  • Don't get pregnant
I'm happy to report that I did everything except maybe scrapbooking. I didn't do it as much as I would have liked, but other than that I had a great year! Brian and I are closer than ever and we truly have a good financial plan laid out. We welcomed Gavin into our lives and have enjoyed each and every moment as Macie and Gavin's parents. Plus, I didn't get pregnant. My body needed a bit of a break! I have a lot I want to accomplish in 2011..we shall see what the year will bring!
  • I want to make it a priority to go to church as a family on a more regular basis. Church has been a difficult task for us with two smaill children, but it is a must!
  • I want to make time for people who make time for us. Brian and I have exhausted a lot of time and emotional energy in the past "chasing" after people. This year, I want to focus in on the people who mean the most to us.
  • I want to tighten up our budget even more and do more couponing. Brian and I are talking about "playing the drugstore game". I want to pay off all consumer debt by the end of the year and come up with a way to make some extra money this summer.
  • I want to organize our house from top to bottom. Even though we have a small house, I know that we could utilize our space better.
  • I want to catch up on all of my scrapbooking and stay on top of it this year. I also want to continue to keep up with the blog.
  • I want to read 11 books this year just because.
  • I want to stay on top of everything at school. It seems like the first semester I was always playing catch up and I want second semester to be better!
  • I want to get healthier...I haven't quite decided how I'm going to do that yet, but I need to.
  • I want to be a better wife...more patient and understanding. I want Brian and I's relationship to continue to grow and become stronger every day.
  • I want to be the best Mommy to Macie and Gavin I can be. I want to spend as much time with them as possible and BE IN THE MOMENT...not always worrying about everything else I need to do. They go to bed early enough...dishes can wait!

I think that's enough to work on...here's to a wonderful 2011!!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Those sound like great resolutions:)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Those are some good goals!

We started the Dave Ramsey plan in October 2009! Once you get started, and work through it, it happens much faster than you can imagine.

And, of course, homemade laundry detergent will help:)

Holly said...

I don't know if you've heard of it, but thegrocerygame.com is a really good site for couponing and saving money. Also, Ebay for extra cash!