Saturday, July 9, 2011

15 Week Appointment

Tuesday, July 5th, I went to see Dr. Crutcher for my 15 week appointment. My weight gain was good (a little under a pound), but my blood pressure not so much. It was border line high again and it shouldn't be that high with me on medication. I have to get it checked every few days and if it acts up again, she will up my medicine dosage. I was able to hear the baby's heartbeat. It was a little difficult to find, but eventually we got it. It was 156 hbm. I had several questions for Dr. C and I got most of them answered. I've been having a lot of hip pain and it even locked up on me once. She said to keep taking Tylenol and to use heat. I just wanted to make sure that heat was OK. I also found out that I will have biophysical profiles at the end of the pregnancy. I had these with Macie. The reason is because I'm on blood pressure medicine. While I like seeing my baby every week, it will mean more work missed. I guess I'll have to cross that bridge when I get there. The last thing we talked about was when my c-section would be. I am due Christmas day and the hospitals don't want anything scheduled before 39 weeks now. That is a change from my previous two. Dr. C normally schedule surgeries on Mondays, but she is pretty sure she is off the week before Christmas. If she is, she will schedule me for December 15th. So basically, it will be Dec 15th or 19th. That is, if my blood pressure can stay under control. Otherwise, I will have the baby even sooner. I go back in 4 weeks for my ultrasound.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I think our doctors are in the same practice- Dr. Melton. I was at their office on July 5th too. What time was your appointment? I'll pray that your blood pressure goes down. I'm sorry you are dealing with this:(.

The Mitchell Family said...

After reading your blog, I thought you went to the same office. I see Dr. Crutcher and love her! My appt was at 10.