Sunday, September 25, 2016

Food, Football, and Fun

Gavin found a cool cookbook at the library and he wanted to plan a special menu with it. I declared last Sunday a stay home and cooking day.
 On the menu was a football cheeseball, triple berry punch, pretzel bites, southwest quinoa bowls, and chocolate fruit pizzas.  The pretzel bites didn't turn out as well as we'd hoped, but everything else was a hit!

 The kids really are great helpers in the kitchen.  I am able to give them jobs and they will go with it.  Every now and then it got a little hectic, but I know it won't be long and they will be self sufficient in the kitchen.


 I got out my football tablecloth that used to belong to my Grandma Wolf.  I also used some of my football dishes to make it extra special.  

 Lots of memories were made that day.  It was definitely a day full of good FOOD, Colt's FOOTBALL, and family FUN!


No comments: