Wednesday, August 9, 2017

I'm an Artist, and I love it!

Macie is not playing soccer this year.  Instead, she opted to do an one week art camp.  We found one in Henderson called Ms. Pem's Art for Kids.  She went 4 hours every day and not only did they learn drawing techniques, they also took daily walking field trips.  Each field trip was to a business where the person did art and made a living.  I thought it was so awesome!

The last day, they had a little art show where they passed out certificates, said their chant, and had their art on display.  We were able to take her art home and it is neat to see her doing different types of art.



Every day, they said this chant and I thought it was so cute:

If I See It
I can draw it
I'm an artist
and I love it

Chalk and paper are my friends
pencils, markers, paint, and pens

If I see it,
I can draw it
I'm an artist
and I love it

We found another place in Newburgh that offers classes so we may let Macie take some after our Disney trip.  She loves art and we want to nurture that as much as we can!

No comments: