Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Future Cougar

Yesterday was a very busy day for Miss Macie. First, I had a quick doctor appointment to check my incision. I got great news in that my incision is healing well and I have lost 20 pounds since having Macie. I was pumped! Then, we headed to Holy Spirit. It was Macie's first visit and the kids were so excited to finally get to see her. But when I walked in my classroom, they were silent. They didn't know what to do or say. That was funny, but I have to say the funniest moment of the day was when a second grader asked me, "Did she come out of the place we don't want to talk about or did she come out of a cut in your belly?" I just about lost it....
This is the best picture of Macie and I to date...too bad she isn't awake!
After they warmed up, my students wanted to touch her and kiss her. They wanted her to stay for the rest of the day.

No comments: