Wednesday, April 22, 2009

6 Month Checkup!

Today, Macie went to visit Dr. Voyles for her 6 month checkup. She weighs 16 pounds 13 ounces and is 26 1/4 inches long. He was impressed that she is already sitting up on her own, but she isn't really rolling over like she should be. He wasn't really concerned about that and told me some things Macie will start doing in the next few months. She will be starting stage 2 foods and we can give her mashed potatoes, pudding, and applesauce. I can also start her on juice.
I will have to say that this was one of the most difficult visits so far because they were running behind, Macie was getting hungry, and she is starting to freak out with strangers a bit more. She cried when they weighed her and when Dr. Voyles was checking her out. Then, the worst part....the shots. I'm so happy that she doesn't have to get any shots until 1 year.
The highlight of the visit, for me, was when Macie and I were waiting for Dr. Voyles and she was telling me about her day on the table. Behind the table, there is a mirror and she was talking to herself and reaching for the baby in the mirror. It was so precious!

No comments: