Sunday, December 11, 2016

Holiday Fun

*For some reason my pictures have been really blurry on my new phone....
Mini Thanksgiving: This year, we started a tradition of doing a mini Thanksgiving meal at home the Sunday before Thanksgiving.  I really wanted to start some traditions of our own.  We used Grandma Wolf's tablecloth and Aunt Nancy's glasses to make it extra special.  We tried to keep the menu simple, but we had way more food than we could ever eat!  We had a precooked turkey breast (since we decided the night before), mashed potatoes and gravy, dressing, macaroni and cheese, and green bean casserole.  For dessert, we could pick between a pumpkin pie and pecan pie, so we got a pecan pumpkin pie.  It was delish!  Besides good food, I wanted us to take some time remembering our blessings.  Each person wrote down what they are thankful for and shared it with the family.  I kept the cards.  I sure am thankful for this family of mine!

Santa Letters:  Macie had the idea of asking Santa for one gift this year for Christmas.  She was eager to write her letter to Santa.  The girls were deciding between a hatchimal and a Cabbage Patch Baby So Real.  I told them that a lot of kids were asking for hatchimals and I didn't know if Santa had that many.  They picked the Baby So Real.  Now the trick is being good!  Gavin asked for an NHL hockey jersey.  He wants a Blackhawks' one, so we shall see!  Santa actually wrote them letters back, which was super special.




Happy Turkey Day!: On actual Thanksgiving, we started the day watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.  We had two big meals that day.  For lunch, we went to my Aunt Alice's on my dad's side of the family.  For dinner, we went to my Aunt Julie's on my mom's side of the family.  We ate way too much and had fun visiting with family.
Little Helpers: My three little elves were great helpers to decorate the house!  The day before, we cleaned the house really well so it made it easier to put everything out.

Making ornaments is a family tradition.  Here are all of our past years's ornaments!



No comments: