Sunday, January 4, 2009

The time has come...

Today is my last official day of being on maternity leave! I have to return to work tomorrow and I have mixed emotions about it. My little Macie will be 12 weeks old and I have so enjoyed the time with her. It has been a very eventful time off...recovering from two surgeries and all of the holidays: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. It is bittersweet because I miss my job and am excited at the thought of daily adult conversations and seeing my kiddos again, but I know that I will also miss Macie. She promised me that she wouldn't hit any developmental milestones while I was at work:) The positive side is that I am very happy with our childcare situation: Mon-Wed my mom will keep her, Thurs she will be with our friend Jordan, and Fri Brian's sister Katie will be keeping her. I'm sure that I will survive tomorrow, but wish me luck!!

No comments: