Thursday, August 20, 2009

Scrapbooking and Sunglasses

Tidbits from the last week:
  • I was sad when I picked up Macie today because she wanted to stay with Miss Julie. Yes, I know that this a good thing that she loves her and wants to be with her, but I wasn't quite ready for that. She kept reaching for her and usually I am the one she is reaching for:(
  • On a happy note, she is finally saying mama!!! It was so funny because she said it last night at Walmart and Brian and I were like, did she just say that? Way to go...yay! We were so excited! Then, tonight she kept saying, "ma" and looking at me and smiling like she knew she was making me happy! (or at least I would like to think so!)
  • Tuesday night, Macie and I went to "scrapbooking" at Jamie's. Renee was the only one who accomplished anything, but it was still fun hanging out with the girls. Renee isn't working with us this year, so it is always good to catch up with her. While we were there, it started pouring and didn't stop. I finally decided to brave it because Macie was getting tired and we got soaked. The streets were starting to flood and it was a bit scary driving home. However, it was barely sprinkling at my house so it wasn't so bad bringing her in.
  • Last night, Brian and I decided to check out the new Walmart in Newburgh. It is always nice going to a nice clean store! Brian and I thought that we might buy a pair of cheap sunglasses because ours are always breaking or disappearing. This is no easy task for Brian because of his large head. Every pair looked absolutely ridiculous! I told him he just needed to go get a nicer pair.
Hannah and Macie
Macie looked down as I was taking the picture of course...she was more interested in the cars anyway!
Brian being silly

1 comment:

Sills Family said...

It was so nice to see and talk with all of you too!!! Being home has its perks, but not in the socializing department! I can't wait to get together again! Oh...by the way... keep me posted on Holy Spirit fundraiser nights! Is there one in August?