Thursday, November 13, 2008

My baby is 1 month old!

I can hardly believe that Macie Lu is 1 month old today! The last month has been one of the most exciting, exhausting, rewarding, and emotionally draining months of my life.
A look back:
  • After losing almost a pound due to jaundice, Macie finally started gaining again and returned to her birth weight at 3 weeks old. Now, she is gaining everyday and I can't believe how big she is getting.
  • At 4 weeks old, Macie rolled over for the first time. She was on her belly and got mad enough to flip herself over. I am sure that it was a fluke, but I think that she will be doing it on a regular basis soon. When we do tummy time, she gets so close!
  • Macie is sleeping in her crib now and often sleeps 2 1/2 to 3 hours at a time. Doesn't sound like much, but I will take it!
  • My favorite time of day with her is in the morning....she is wide awake from about 9 to 11 and we do tummy time, play on the floor and read books.

I am going to take a picture of Macie next to this duck every month to see her growth. I saw this idea on both TLC and another blog. Here are the first pics...

My sweet angel!

Look how big I'm getting!

Where did you come from?

Are you done mom? I need to fill my pants!

1 comment:

alboyles said...

OMG!!!!!!!! My baby is soooo big. She is a month old! I can't believe she rolled over already! I don't think its a fluke...she is just very advanced. I can't wait to see her again...I'll be home in just a few short weeks! Luv you guys sooo much!!!