Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 7 - Saturday...Coming Home:(

Saturday morning, we woke up around 5 to get ready to come home with a goal to leave by 7. We showered, fed the kids breakfast, and finished packing up the car. It was an early start, but we knew we had a long day ahead of us. Just like I was worried I would forget to pack something, I did a few extra checks to make sure we didn't leave anything at the beach house. I must have done a pretty good job, because nothing was forgotten! It was dark when we left, but you could still hear the ocean. I was sad, but also anxious to get the drive over with. The kids did a much better job on the way there than on the way home. Pretty much, one of them was crying at all times. As soon as I had one calmed down, the other would start in. I spent most of my trip turned around trying to appease cranky kids. Macie kept wanting to hold my hand. She played with my ring and kept calling it a sandcastle. I thought that was too sweet and funny. She would say, "You have a sandcastle. It's pretty. Daddy bought you this?". We stopped and ate lunch in the same town we ate lunch in on the way down. We picked Shoneys because it was easy. Surprisingly, it was really good and everyone left satisfied! Our last stop was at Don Panchos for dinner. Yummy Mexican food! We made it home by 8:00. We were all exhausted and were in bed as soon as we got home! The weather in Florida was in the 70s and when we came home it was cold and there was snow! Overall, we had a wonderful trip and we plan to go back in two years. Cape San Blas is an amazing place. Here are some of my favorite moments from the trip:

  • The beach - It was only 300 steps from our house, the sand was soft, we pretty much had it to ourselves, we found awesome shells, saw jellyfish, and dolphins.

  • Zoo World - Even though I was skeptical at first, it was an amazing place. Feeding the giraffe out of my hand was one of the coolest experiences! When we were at the bird and reptile show, Macie was so cute. She was so into it and when the lady brought out a small opossum and lizard, Macie said, "I want one". I love you little girl...but NO!

  • Watching Macie and Gavin experience the beach and ocean for the first time. Gavin cracked us up when he dipped his pap into the ocean water over and over and sucked it off.

  • Taking a walk along the beach just Brian and I. It reminded us of our honeymoon.

  • Have a week away from all of life's stresses and distractions!

No comments: