Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 3 - Tuesday

Tuesday was a lot like Monday...we spent the whole day at the beach. We went for a few hours in the morning and then back to the beach house for lunch and naps. Once the kids were down, Brian let me go back to the beach. I sat in my favorite spot by the water for a while. It was so relaxing. I really needed that time because although the vacation was great, it is still a lot of work when you have two small, needy children! When Brian and the kids came back we played some more. We took several walks along the beach and just had an overall good day. Once we were back at the house, we got cleaned up and relaxed while my parents made dinner. My dad grilled and mom made some yummy sides. After dinner, my mom, sisters, and I did a little bit of shopping. We picked up a few items at Piggly Wiggly and got my mom a diet coke at McDonalds. We were all a little shocked that it cost $2.34 which is twice as much as it is at home! We also stopped by two little souvenier shops. I was hoping to find the kids t-shirts, but I didn't quite find what I was looking for. I did find a starfish for Macie though. She kept talking about finding a starfish and I knew that she wasn't going to find one on her own. Instead, I decided to plant one on the beach. I heard Tori Spelling tell a story once that her mom took her to the beach when she was little and put shells for her to find. Tori didn't know that her mom put them there until her adult life. I hoped to make some memories like that for my little girl.

Sweet little footprints in the sand
Gavin had so much fun playing in a bucket of water. He was so funny because he kept dipping his pap in the water and sucking it off. I guess he liked the salt!




Macie wanted to help carry stuff back to the house so she carried these noodles. She is such a great helper!

No comments: