Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 6 - Friday

Friday was our last full day in Florida and we planned to spend it at the beach. We enjoyed our last day to the fullest. We played in the sand, took walks looking for shells, and I spent more time sitting in my beach chair by the water. Brian let me come back to the beach while the kids were napping. He also took a nap to rest up for the drive the next day. My sisters and I sat a little too close to the water at first and it was splashing in our faces. We were laughing so hard we could barely get up! We saw some dolphins again. A bit later I went back and got Brian and the kids. I was glad that we saw a bunch of dolphins again so that Brian could see them. Macie didn't really know what we were pointing at, but the dolphins were swimming back and forth right in front of us. Right before we packed up and headed to the beach house, Brian and I took one final walk alone on the beach. It is always nice to have a few minutes alone. Once we were back at the house, we all bathed and I started packing our stuff. For dinner, dad grilled brauts and I used up the rest of the potatoes to make wedges. I loved eating out on the deck every night and I can't wait until it's warm enough to do it at home. After the kids were in bed, Brian and I loaded as much stuff in the car as we could. We ended the night watching the first half of the UK game. We were all getting tired so we went to bed because we knew we had a long day ahead.
Aunt Allie bought the kids hooded beach towels and I just love them. They are perfect and we will be getting lots of use out of them for years to come! Gator
Dolphin




Getting this family picture was harder than I'd hoped:(


Aunt Annie and Macie were both all smiles
Grandma with her two babies
Gavin loved having the water come up to his feet. He would reach for it when it went away...it was too cute!


Story time before bed
Kid's room
Our bathroom...the way it worked out we all had our own bathrooms which made getting ready really nice.
Our room

We had a nice view considering we weren't directly on the beach






Our path to the beach
We had to turn our outside lights on at night so that we wouldn't disturb the turtles. We didn't see any, but that would've been cool.

No comments: