Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 5 - Thursday

Our plan for Thursday was to go to Panama City Beach. Annie found this zoo that she wanted to go to. I have to admit that I was a little skeptical at first because it was an hour and a half away, it looked pretty small, and it cost $15 to get in. We hadn't really budgeted for it, but we decided to go for it anyway. I am so glad that we did! It was called Zoo World and it was one of the neatest places I've ever been! It was small, but the animals were all within reach, we got to feed several of them, and they even had shows. I don't know if I've ever seen some of those animals that close! Macie had a great time running around but she wasn't a fan of getting too close to the animals. Gavin conked out half way through. After the zoo, we ate at Pineapple Willy's. The food was good, but Gavin started not feeling well and actually had a low grade fever so it wasn't the most pleasant experience for me. I held him until the Tylenol kicked in and then I was able to put him down to eat. I also quickly realized that Panama City is not the place for me! Maybe if I was single or it was just Brian and I it would be fun, but it is way too crowded for me! It made me appreciate our nice quiet beach where the kids could play and we had plenty of room! Once we got back to the beach house, we just hung out the rest of the night. What a fun day!
Love the hair!!



This peacock was strutting his stuff...especially when a lady friend came around!




Feeding the giraffe was my favorite experience of the day!

This was as close as Macie got to feeding the animals...putting the food in the bucket


I'm not going to lie, I was a little freaked out by the big teeth!
Love this picture...

...and this one! I'd never seen a real cougar before. It is our school mascot so I had to take a picture!

There was even a playground in the middle of the zoo!

Look at those monkeys!
Watching the bird and reptile show

I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to cuddle and bottle feed a tiger!


Brian wanted to show how close we were to the animals

Checking out the prairie dogs
Eating at Pineapple Willy's

No comments: