Friday, December 5, 2008

A Week of Firsts

I know that Macie will have many "firsts" throughout her life and especially in her first year of life, but everyone seems like a tiny miracle to me. This week she hit two big milestones. She smiled at me...not just those half asleep or I passed gas kind of smiles...but the kind where she looks you straight in the eye and grins from ear to ear. I cried of course!
Then today, she rolled over from her belly to her back! We are still working on going from her back to her belly, but that will come before long because she is getting stronger and stronger every day! Once again, I cried!
These are moments that I am so glad that I have gotten to witness and it makes missing a few weeks of pay so that I could stay home the full 12 weeks all worth it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I teared up just looking at your post. I now truly understand what you mean and I can't wait for it myself.