Sunday, May 10, 2009

First Official Mother's Day

Today was my first official Mother's day. Last year I was pregnant and I can't believe that I am really a mommy. I have wanted to be a mommy my whole life and I have been blessed with a beautiful baby girl! Brian and Macie got me a beautiful heart diamond necklace and a blog book (basically a hard copy of the blog). I loved both gifts, but I told him that no gift he could ever give me would be as awesome as the one God has given me. Macie is a true blessing in my life and I am so grateful to have her!
We celebrated the day by Brian letting me sleep in and then we packed up and headed to my parent's house. Allie took some more pictures of Macie, which I can't wait to see, and then my parents offered to take Macie with them to my aunt and uncle's house while we went to Brian's softball games. After the games, we headed out there too. For the last couple of years on Mother's Day, we make a little competition out of the food. We vote on our favorites and give out prizes in several different categories. My chocolate chip cheese ball won a third in the appetizer category and a fourth in the dessert category. I guess people didn't know which way to vote! My dad tied for first place in the grilled category, but my mom was the big winner of the day...she one three first place ribbons!!!
Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers out there!!
A Mommy and Me pic
Mom showing off her ribbons
Macie and I showing off our ribbons

1 comment:

Danielle said...

So great to see you yesterday. Hope your first Mother's Day was amazing. Macie is sure luck to have such a wonderful mother!