Sunday, May 31, 2009

Women's Wellness Retreat

Friday night, Macie, Brian, and I all did separate things. Macie spent the night with Grammie and Pops, Brian had a few friends over to grill and hang out by the firepit, and I headed to Murpheysboro, Ill for a Women's Wellness Retreat with my Health Club. We all had a great time!
My cousin, Roxie, lives in Murpheysboro, so we went to stay with her. We did a lot of awesome things, but the main purpose of going was to go to the Farmer's market on Saturday morning. Since we were staying the night, we added a ton of other fun stuff to the agenda....making yummy, healthy, delicious food, ear candling (more about that below), going to her local co-op, lessons on herbs, and plenty of girl talk.

Roxie had signs on the door to welcome us

Roxie always talks about how her kitchen is big enough for 12 people to dance in it...there were only nine of us, but we had to dance!
All of us had our ears "candled". Basically, you buy these special candles, light them and they pull all lot of wax and crap out of your ear. Then, you cut open the candle to see what came out. I have to say that I was very skeptical at first, but it was amazing how much junk came out of my ears and how much better I could hear!! It was so disgusting....I have a close up but it literally gags me to look at it!
Here are all of our candles...
We had a contest to see who had the most junk and that was Wendy. However, I had to most unusual because I had a bunch of junk and WATER!! No wonder that ear is always bothering me. Who knows how far in there it was!
Dylan was ready to go to the farmer's market!
Our group at the market
All of the stuff that we bought!!

Roxie has ugly green tile in her bathroom, so she bought some dry erase markers and encourages all of her friends and visitors to write quotes on the wall. What a neat idea!!

All three of us had a great time, but it was nice to be all together again!!

No comments: