Wednesday, October 28, 2009

12 Month Checkup

Today, I met Macie and my mom at the doctor's office for her 12 month checkup and shots. Here are the stats: Macie is now 29 1/2 inches (60th percentile) which means she has grown 9 1/2 inches in the first year and now weighs 21 pounds 3 ounces (50th percentile) which means she has gained 13 pounds 9 ounces in the first year!
Dr. Voyles was happy to hear that Macie is no longer taking formula in a bottle and that she is walking. He asked how she was sleeping and I laughed. I said that teething was really screwing us up. He didn't act too concerned, but then when he felt in her mouth, he said, "Wow! She has teeth popping in all over the place!!"
Overall, it was a good visit, until the shots that is, but it was kind of funny because Macie was in awe of Dr. Voyles. She was so quiet and just kept staring at him. She was soo good and let him check her out. Thankfully, we got a good report....a happy, healthy little girl!!
A high point in the visit for me was when I went to check out and they said that I somehow had a $60 credit on the account and didn't have to pay my copay. Chaching!!!
I was also thankful that I had a chance to talk to Dr. Voyles about Gavin and circumcisions. I didn't know if he did that or how that worked so I was happy to know that he will actually be the one to do it when our little guy arrives. Macie is due for her next appointment about the same week that I will be having my c-section, so that will be interesting!

No comments: