Tuesday, October 6, 2009

St. Louis

Saturday morning, Brian, Macie, and I headed to St. Louis. We like to go there about once a year and this summer just got away from us. We had a busy day planned: leave at 5:30, stop for breakfast at Ryan's, get to the zoo early so we could see the stingray exhibit for free, visit the arch, and end the day eating at Old Spaghetti Factory. Yes we had a busy day planned, but one we were looking forward to. Unfortunately, I started not feeling well as the day went on, but we still had a good day. Macie's favorite animals to watch were the penguins. She was in aww! We were home a little after 6 and I crashed out before 7!
It was a cool day, so we had Macie all bundled up, but she didn't seem to mind. She and Brian are waiting for the stingray exhibit.
Brian and I both touched the stingrays, which is a pretty cool experience. We thought Macie was a bit too young, so she touched the puppet instead.
The gorillas came up to say hello!
Half way through the zoo, Macie crashed out for a nap. I have a admit I was little jealous I couldn't join her!
These two were very entertaining for Brian and I. Macie was sleeping through this part, but they were running around and chasing each other. It was pretty funny!
Macie was happy to get out of her stroller for a few minutes during lunch
The baby elephants
Daddy was showing Macie how to throw a curve ball.
After the zoo, we headed to the arch. We actually went inside to use the restroom and look at the museum in there. I didn't want to take Macie up to the top just yet. It was quite an ordeal just to get in. You have to go through airport security. If we didn't have to use the restroom so badly, we would have skipped that part!

Mommy and Macie outside by the arch
Me, standing in the spot where Brian proposed. We have a pic when I was pregnant with Macie, so I wanted one with Gavin. I am 21 1/2 weeks in this pic.
Daddy and Macie by the arch

No comments: