Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Irritability

Yesterday afternoon, I had my last ob appointment. It was a bittersweet moment as I left the office because I have been pregnant for the majority of the last 2 years and I have gotten to know the nurses, receptionists, and most importantly, Dr. Crutcher. Even though I am thrilled at the thought of not being pregnant anymore, I know I will miss them in some way. The appointment went off without a hitch: blood pressure normal, heart rate normal, urine test normal, weight gain 5 pounds (water weight). Basically, I left thinking that I would have to wait until Monday morning to have this baby unless something major happened. I was OK with that and went home tired and exhausted.

Then, around 5 I started having more and more contractions. They kept happening and getting worse and worse. I was crying about everything and experiencing every possible emotion in the book. I felt nauseous and was shaking uncontrollably. Brian finally convinced me to call in. I called and the on call doctor wanted me to go to the hospital. I didn't really want to go in because I had this feeling that they weren't going to do anything, but I went anyway. My mom came over to stay with Macie and off we went. We got to the hospital around 9 or so. They hooked me up to the monitors and then the waiting began. Gavin was an absolute pain and made it very difficult to find a good place for the heart monitor. Sure enough, I was contracting, BUT not enough. They said they could detect some irritability. Seriously people, are you kidding me! I can show you IRRITABILITY if you want!!!!
They sent me home and told me to call Dr. Crutcher first thing in the morning and see what she wants to do. I put in a call about 7:30 and still haven't heard anything. I just called back so now I am waiting..... Hopefully, something can happen and happen very soon!!!!!

1 comment:

The Broeker Family said...

Hang in there, girl!! I'll be thinking about you. I can't wait to meet Mr. Gavin. Let me know if you need anything at all.