Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Sprinkle for Gavin

This afternoon my Aunt Dawn and my sister, Allie, threw Gavin and me a sprinkle. My cousin, Jamie, was kind enough to host it at her house. Several people couldn't make it, but it still ended up being a nice, relaxing gathering with great food and good company! Gavin got many much needed gifts: diapers, clothes, wipes, letters for his room, dining mat, and a gift card. Macie had a blast too! There were several kids there for her to play with and she even got presents! Brandi bought her a cute summer outfit and Lori and Kaylee gave her two Minnie Mouse sippy cups. The funny thing is, Brian and I had looked at the same cups this week and decided not to buy them. Once again, I am reminded just how blessed we are to be surrounded by people who love and care for us!
Unfortunately, when Macie woke up from her nap after the sprinkle, she was running a temp and not feeling so well. Jamie's little boy also woke up with a temp. I don't know what is going on, but I hope she's not too sick considering I am going to be having Gavin very soon!
Macie in one of her many big sister shirts
Allie made these awesome brownies! She added peanut butter chips to them and even decorated them. I probably ate half of the pan myself!
All of the goodies
This Colt's onesie and little shoes will look adorable on our little man! We thought the word football on the butt was the cutest part!

Showing Macie her new summer outfit
These candles come with a saying that says to light them and say a prayer in the baby's name after he is born
Macie had a lot of fun with one of the balloons after we got home
Macie and I...look at her eyes... she looks pathetic!
Yes, I wore my slippers! When I woke up, my feet were already swollen for the day and there was no way I was going to stuff them in some shoes!

No comments: