Thursday, January 7, 2010

Big Boy

This afternoon, I had an ultrasound to measure Gavin's growth and see just how big he is. I didn't have one scheduled originally, but when I went to see Dr. Crutcher for my appointment last week, she thought it was a good idea to schedule one. I have been measuring big and I feel like he is humongous! Because of a snow day, I had to find someone to come and stay with Macie and Brian was able to come with me. He rarely missed an appointment when I was pregnant with Macie because he was working at the bank and had a different schedule. This time, he has only been able to come twice. It was nice to have him there.
We were reassured that he is indeed a boy and in fact that is about the only thing he wanted to show us! Typical male! Gavin's estimated weight is 6 pounds 9 ounces which is about a week and a half ahead of schedule. Of course, that is only an estimate, but I still think he is going to be bigger than Macie. I was 35 weeks yesterday, so if he gained 1/2 pound a week like they say and went full term he would be about 9 pounds! The tech said that his head wasn't measuring big, which was always a scare with Macie, so I was happy about that. We weren't able to get any good pictures because he is still stubborn. We could barely look at his face. I guess we will be surprised in a few weeks. His head is down and it is like he is doing a perfect headstand. His head is also very low, which is causing me a lot of pain and discomfort. I am intersted to see what Dr. Crutcher has to say after looking at the ultrasound results. Will I make it until February 1st? That is the question...

No comments: