Sunday, April 24, 2011

Computer Viruses, Strep, and Water Pipes, Oh My

We've had a lot going on in the Mitchell household...

Computer Virus: Our laptop got another virus and Brian had to work like crazy to save our computer. I have most of my pictures on an external hard drive, but I hadn't uploaded the latest ones. I didn't want a single picture lost! Not to mention we don't really want to spend the money on a new laptop right now... Well, luckily he was able to save it and all is well! The only thing lost was some sleep on Brian's part!

Strep: Last week, I wasn't feeling so well. It started Wednesday night. I felt achy, whiny, and exhausted! I took some Tylenol and went to bed early. All day Thursday I was cold and felt awful, but I still had to work. After work, I crashed out. I had a fever, but it broke before I went to work. Friday was a bit better, but as soon as school was out I headed to Convenient Care. As soon as they tested me for strep, it was positive right away. The crazy thing is, I don't have any tonsils!! I had them taken out when I was younger because I had strep all of the time. I did get strep once in college, but it is still extremely rare. Lucky me! We had to change our plans Friday night and decided I wasn't going to go to Brian's family Easter Saturday morning. Unfortunately, Pops was sick and they had to cancel Easter all together. I'm feeling much better, but I swear, it wiped me out!

Water Pipes: Earlier this month, we got a letter from the water department telling us that we had a leak and we needed to fix it within 10 days or our water was going to be shut off. Great! My dad's friend came by and told us he would be able to fix it on a day it wasn't raining. HA HA HA! It's rained almost every day! We called the water department and they said that since we hired someone to fix it, they wouldn't shut off our water, but it needed to be fixed soon! In between the rain, Rocky was able to fix it and it didn't set us back too much. Now, we have a lovely hole in our front yard!

All of that plus Gavin was sick last week too and Brian had to miss some work. Nothing like a little madness in the Mitchell household!

No comments: