Saturday, March 17, 2012

Run of Luck

Today, Brian ran in the Run of Luck. It was his first race since he started running last month. He's logged almost 300 miles (running and walking) this year! I am so proud of him. This race was 7k, he is doing an 8k next month, and his goal is to run a half marathon in October. He finished in just under 46 minutes and he was so proud of himself. I was proud of him too! The kids and I went to cheer him on. We were able to see him at two different points and I know that it made his day to see us! It was quite a challenge finding a place to park, but we managed to make it work. I put both big kids in the double stroller and put Lilah in the carrier. My mom went with us. I packed a snack and we found a place where the kids could run around a bit in between seeing Daddy. Overall, they did pretty well. Macie wasn't listening very well at the end and had to go back in the stroller. After we saw Brian the second time, we loaded up the van and I fed Lilah. We had to wait until everyone passed and she wasn't having it! I'm so glad that we were able to cheer Brian on and I hope that we will be able to do it again next time!
In other news, Brian is officially down 45 pounds! GO BRIAN GO!Gavin was so cute because we told him that he couldn't go past that curb so he put his feet right next to Grandma's!

1 comment:

CJM said...

That is awesome!! Congrats Brian on both the run and the weight loss!