Monday, April 1, 2013

“Painting” Eggs

After naps and rest time, we decided to head outside for some sunshine.  I told the kids that we were going to dye eggs and they were beyond confused.  I couldn’t figure out why they weren’t getting excited.  Finally, Gavin said, “You mean they die and go to heaven to be with Jesus?”  I started laughing and then had to explain the difference between “dye” and “die”.  We then started saying that we were going to “paint” or “color” eggs, but even that was confusing because we didn’t use a paint brush or crayons.  Only my kids!!!  This was the first time for “painting” eggs, so I only hard boiled a dozen.  Macie and Gavin each did four eggs and Brian and I did two each.  They had a great time doing it and a dozen was plenty!  Gavin rushed through his and Macie took her sweet time coloring each one.  It was great to have another “first” with my kids.  Next year, Lilah may be ready to dye paint eggs!

139142143144145146

147

Gavin’s Eggs

150

                                            Macie’s Eggs

No comments: