Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Fissures, Stomach Virus, and Ear Infection…Oh My!

So, we’ve had our fair share of sickness around here.  Right after potty training Gavin, he started having blood in his poop.  It worried us so we made a trip to Dr. Voyles.  He suggested we should alter Gavin’s diet and get back with him in a few days.  He said it was most likely a fissure.  The next day, Gavin started in with extreme vomiting for like 12 hours straight.  I got really worried and called Dr. Voyles back.  He had me bring him in for blood work.  Thankfully, Brian came to the rescue and helped.  All of the blood work came back normal, which was a huge relief. 

During this time, we noticed Lilah wasn’t well either.  Come to find out, she had it too.  It started a domino effect and each person fell one by one.  I had a less severe version, thank God, because I had to take care of everyone.  By the time the week was over, I had seen more vomit and diarrhea than I ever wish to see again.

I got very little sleep and made several trips to the doctor.  Most people stayed as far away as possible, but my Dad was super helpful with Macie and brought me some food and Gatorade.  My Aunt Alice also was kind enough to bring us some Gatorade, coloring books, and goldfish.  I spent a lot of time cleaning and surviving.  It was a long week!

The worst part was, Brian ended up getting it the night before he was scheduled to run a half marathon.  He had to miss the race he had been training for.  I felt so badly for him. 

We thought we were all in the clear when Lilah spiked a 103.7 temp on Monday after naps.  Once again we were back to visit Dr. Voyles.  She had an ear infection.  I take Gavin and Lilah back to see Dr. V on Friday for their well check ups.  Let’s just hope they are well!

001002

Gavin insisted on wearing this to the doctor…note the band aid on his fake injury on his forehead!  This was for the fissure, so he wasn’t feeling badly.

003

This puke bowl got WAY too much use throughout the week.  Macie was so pale this night she was glowing in the dark!004

No comments: